Saturday 31 August 2013

Hypnos Blurs Brood


                                      
Concentration has lost all definition since my thoughts went to her,
sleep deprived by constant fictional memories reeling through my head.
I can only daydream of sleep.

Her face blurs into focus as my eyes coat cold by the wind,
I watch her shoes deepen through dirt as she climbs.
I follow until I touch the reaches of the hilltop, grasping her glittered hands with a firm grip. Steady I stand watching her descend through the fields, blossoming each patch of grass. Carefree with every the step.

She flows through my brain eating away my thoughts like an amphetamine. Addiction has never felt so pure, yet I'm not chasing substance.
The breeze of cold air swoops and tussles with her hair. I pretend I'm not observing by faking a sharp stare into an open distance of clouds. My eyes are deeply drawn to her every move. Slowly our hands are clenching grass, souring our palms red with an itch.

This is the deepest into tranquil bliss I'll ever feel. A moment like this makes my living heart decompose with deep desperation for it to stay this way. She sends my state of mind into deep euphoria where everything negative whispers away.

Hands still seeping through torn grass we link, she lays a hand over mine.
Glitter falls from flesh and coats into my palms, I stare.  
Her face sparkles an overwhelming beauty leaving a presence that will stay with me for eternity.
Out of focus, she goes.

Leaning back I sink away, falling out of vision and back into blur.
This memory circulates and spins into a whirlpool of confusion struggling to seek answers..
My leg twitches as my body jolts before hitting the ground.
Suddenly it hits me.
I've slept.

I can no longer daydream of sleep.
Rage beats away at my conscience as I try force myself back into a deep sleep. Chasing what could have been, greedily wanting this to stay eternal.

I hold myself up to the edge of the bed, focusing closer towards the sunlight through corner of my window. Two crows fly by. Circulating each other, weaving in and out as dawn fades. Leaving me feel shallow.

This infectious mind burns thoughts of normality and replaces it with she. She who puts a high tide in my head this dawn, as it washes away this ocean to the depth of its core.
Poppy leaks into it's empty space, for it to never wash away.

How I wish I could sleep forever, as hypnos. Out of reality, to dream of her.
Thoughts cascade into an open well, dilating by each reel.
Taking me away from hypnos, and into brood..
Dreaming blurs away.

1 comment: